1988 Isuzu Trooper diesel conversion

Monday, July 11, 2005

Engine support



As the engine is mounted at the front only, its rear is supported by the transmission. After the transmission is removed, there is no rear engine support and something has to be rigged to keep it from tilting backward. As we needed to move the truck out of the garage to pull the engine (low ceiling), I couldn't support it from underneath using a jack. Instead, we came up with this nifty, free hanger using a piece of fencepost and some chain. Radiator hose was used to keep it from scratching the fenders. I liked it so much, I think I'll use it again on the diesel when it goes back in.
posted by acy76, 10:22 PM

1 Comments:

Hi, nice site / blog. I am very interested to see how things progress. I am making Bio here in Japan and I am running BD 100 is a '96 2.7 DTi Nissan Terrano (Pathfinder).

I was also thinking about whether it would be possible to take the 2.7 DTi (or the 3.2 Dti) and swap it into a US spec Pathfinder. The 2.7 DTi is only a 4 cyl. but plenty torquey and pretty good gas mileage. I work over here but have great access to low mileage engines / trannies etc. for diesel versions (domestic) of gasoline imports (international).

Currently I am just brewing Bio but I am looking for the next project which is to swap in a torquey BD engine into something a little more unconventional.

Good luck with your project and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Kind regards,

Ian Bartlett
Nagasaki
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 7/12/2005 6:38 AM  

Add a comment