1988 Isuzu Trooper diesel conversion

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Fuel filler neck






These photos show the diesel filler neck I purchased (originally from an '86 Trooper diesel) next to the gasoline neck from the '88. The mounting flange and holes are different, so I made up a cardboard pattern and drilled the body to match the diesel neck. The third shot is of the new set of holes, and the final shot shows the finished product. I also peeled the 'unleaded fuel only' sticker off the inside of the fuel door, which felt pretty good ...

The diesel neck has an extra port on it, which I assume is a vent, in addition to the large drainback port present on both necks. I plan to route a hose from this port to a weather-safe location and vent to atmosphere. Diesel is much less volatile than gasoline, so all the vapor recovery ports on the tank will be plugged and related systems removed. I'll detail the other fuel system modifications in a later post.
posted by acy76, 3:15 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment